Working with AURA Systems is a great way to get a foot in the door in the exclusive, fast paced world of audio/visual production. AURA Systems is a tight-knit team of hard working individuals that are passionate about what they do. Each member of the team represents the face of AURA Systems at events and is given a significant amount of autonomy and responsibility, so each employee is held to high expectations. The work can be quite demanding, but for those seeking a career in audio/visual production, there is no better way to get experience.
Event Technical Specialist II
Many of the AURA Systems team members are trained to become technical specialists. Do not let the name fool you- technical specialists often specialize as they learn new skills and discover what they enjoy doing, but each employee is expected to be able to perform many kinds of tasks in order to advance and be given more responsibilities*. The work is physically demanding, and often involves heavy lifting, late hours, and working in high pressure situations. Applicants should be able to think on their feet and have good problem solving skills. They should be comfortable working without direct supervision, and may be responsible for operating and monitoring expensive equipment or software, so attention to detail, alertness, and good organizational skills are a must. Having a reliable vehicle to get to work sites and events and being on time is also very important, because the team often operates on a tight schedule. Applicants must be 21+, and have a valid Texas Driver’s License. Prior experience or knowledge of audio/visual equipment operation is recommended, but not required. It is more important for applicants to be a good fit for the team, as well as being enthusiastic and willing and able to learn. Training will be provided on the job. AURA Systems team members also have the opportunity to learn more about the equipment and practice using it when possible in their free time. Scheduling is flexible, and we will work with each team member to create a schedule that works for them- but all applicants should expect to work weekend nights. Travel is occasional, but the ability to travel is a plus, as well as the ability to work overtime.
*We are currently looking for applicants with prior experience running sound for bands, so please indicate if you have this type of experience when you contact us.
Event Technical Specialist I
- Performs Load-in and Load-out of event production equipment
- Set-up and break-down of event production equipment
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying sensitive and sometimes odd-shaped equipment up to 100 lbs.
- Must work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate and follow detailed instructions clearly and efficiently
- Basic knowledge of audio, lighting, video, staging, and special FX equipment used throughout live production
- Responsible for protecting and identifying needed maintenance of equipment
- Responsible for proper cable management per AURA Systems’ standard
- Responsible for placing equipment in the correct storage space upon break down and load out
- Experience in organized compartmentalization of equipment such as loading a box truck with varied sizes of road cases, speakers, and staging equipment
- Demonstrate ability to retain basic training within a 2-week period
- Must know how to operate Microsoft Office applications Excel and Word via Apple and PC devices
- Flexible schedule
- Capable of learning and adapting to operations of the work place for specific tasks such as maintaining your timecard, updating of gear pull sheets, and monitoring schedule of calendar event updates
- A good working attitude is highly encouraged during late night load outs…if you are not a night person, this job may not be for you
- Experience in operating large vehicles such as box trucks, scissor lifts & boom lifts are a plus
Key Job Facts
- Heavy lifting required
- Late hours required
- Primary work hours are concentrated on weekends between 12:00 AM – 5:00 AM, but often occur outside this time frame
- Must have a reliable vehicle to get to work sites and be on time
- The team often operates on a tight schedule and may have multiple events to break down in one night, often ending in the same time range
- Mobile phone with data required for communication with team as well as to check in / check out from job sites
- Scheduling is flexible, and we will work with each team member to create a schedule that works for them- but all applicants should expect to work at least one night every weekend
- This job is a great way to experience what it is like to work in the audio/visual industry as well as gain opportunities for promotional growth within the company
If you would like to apply for any of the positions above, please fill out the Employment Contact Form below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!